/// An Inside Look at the ENGAGE: LA The Digital Storytelling Conference
Thank you to everyone who attended another amazing edition of ENGAGE: LA The Digital Networking Conference!
The day featured illuminating panels, talks and fireside chats as well as networking breaks for attendees to speak to each other and to speakers. Speakers included influencers and executives from David & Goliath, Survios, KiK Interactive, Jukin Media and more. Thank you to Winston Binch, Oliver Smith, Audrey Wu, Todd Richmond, Alastair Green, Liz Snower, Jason Schragger, Sheila Marmon, Chris Hewish, Matt Silverman, Ivar Chan, Julia Sourikoff, Dan Altmann, David Angelo, Josh Entman, John Deschner, Ricardo Diaz and Sarah Fischer.
We also want to extend a thank you to our marketing partners who built an amazing event with us: General Assembly, Virtual Reality Reporter, The Advertising Society, Bixel Exchange, ThinkLA and the LAEDC.
Some of the day’s agenda included the below:
Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality
What are the advantages to virtual reality and augmented reality, and what are the challenges, especially for storytelling? Top executives from companies that work in these areas engage in a friendly debate over the merits of each — and when to pursue one approach to extend brand experience.
- Ricardo Diaz, Executive Director of Digital, Omelet LA (Moderator)
- Todd Richmond, Director of Advanced Prototype Development, USC Institute for Creative Technologies
- Julia Sourikoff, Head of VR, Tool of North America
- Chris Hewish, Head of Studio, Survios
3:10 pm | Branded AI and the Future of Storytelling
Winston Binch, the chief digital officer of Deutsch North America, is a top creative technologist whose campaigns include the Matchmaker website for Volkswagen and the social media site Ta.co for Taco Bell.From his perspective, artificial intelligence technology represents an amazing new era for brand creativity and innovation. Binch does a deep dive into how and when brands could use AI for long-term engagement with audiences and viewers.
- Winston Binch, Chief Digital Officer, Deutsch North America
- Derek Smith, Founder, Talk LA (Interviewer)
4:20 pm | Storytelling at Scale Without Losing Quality
The new media landscape is more content-centric than ever. This panel explores the rise of different channels and platforms centered around an ever-increasing need for content. Experts look at what this means for the future of storytelling, the ways that brands, platforms, publishers, and advertisers produce stories without compromising quality as well as where the major shifts are happening with content creation, distribution, and viewership.
- Derek Smith, Founder of Talk (Moderator)
- John Deschner, Chief Innovation Officer and Managing Director, TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles
- Dan Altmann, Co-Founder and CEO, Naritiv
- Sheila Marmon, CEO of Mirror Digital
- Alastair Green, Executive Creative Director, Team One
See the full agenda here.
- 01/09/2017 • Unruly’s 2017 Predictions on Changing Media Consumption Behaviors
- 12/21/2016 • ABC Will Create Original Series for Snapchat, Starting With a Bachelor-Themed Show
- 12/19/2016 • The 4 Largest Holding Companies Are Now Involved in Federal ‘Bid Rigging’ Probe
- 12/12/2016 • Media Consumption in the Age of Fake News